Workers On Call works better for freelancers than any other freelancing site. Some of the benefits include:
- More reputation. Import your reputation from other freelancing sites so employers can see all the work you've done.
- No more job applications that never get read. Workers On Call uses a state-of-the-art matching system that matches jobs to freelancers with no effort on your part. You no longer have to make sure you've applied to all the jobs. If you do apply, your application is visible in the information seen by employers.
- Get job notifications by SMS, by using our Job Finder browser extensions, by email and by our integrated chat system. Never miss a job offer.
Our system allows you to set your status and show employers how long you intend to be online and available for work. Employers who need jobs done immediately will see online profiles first. Making
yourself available, either through our Web site, or the Job Finder browser extensions makes it easy for employers to find and contact you. The Job Finder also has a built-in chat system.
You may not see as many jobs as you are used to in other sites. Only jobs that you are qualified for will show up in your job search. This saves you a lot of time.
If you have not already signed up click the Register button or the Work button on the home page and fill in the short registration form. Make sure you select your skills and enter your cell phone number for easy hiring. Once you've signed up check your email for an email validation message. Make sure you check your spam folder if you can't find it. Fill in your profile and account information from the drop down menu next to your name.
Here are some tips for getting hired quickly.
- Make sure you use the Profile Editor to add all your skills, and set your desired rate. More skills means more chances of being found. Don't see your skill, add it.
- Download and install the Job Finder browser extensions. Using these extensions means that employers can instantly contact you about a job. It also allows you to set your online status and availability.
- Make sure you have your correct cell phone number in your profile so we can send you a text when an employer wants to hire you.
- Make sure the Workers On Call email is set as a trusted email in sites like Gmail. Missing a job offer because a message is in your spam folder can cost you a great deal of money.
- Log into Workers On Call and set your status and availability, look for and apply for jobs, chat with other freelancers about anything.